My pre-blog model collection. Featuring Tamiya. Ideal beginners models in a box.

 When I came back to the hobby, I rattled a number of Hasegawa 1/72 aircraft together. That has been  recorded in an  article here.  Hasewaga kits I have made.

But then  there were some Tamiya kits I made...

Ok then, Let's look at my Tamiya military models from pre-blog times.

Pak 37 AT (Anti-tank) gun. 

It's a nice little kit. I would call  it an ideal beginners kit. A bit of armour  and I think four figures.
I stuck mine on a base...


That one was a goodie. I think I will have another go at it when I get the chance.

Officer on horseback. I've not done animals before. Now that's a challenge. How did I do?

I had a bit of fun with this one and then I made another one for the ERA group build.
When I think about it, this is another great beginners model. An interesting topic and an imperfect (enough) model to give you a chance to hone your skills. Also at the end of the day it's a good value model that you can throw away if you fu... make  too many mistakes.

SAS Jeep.
I love this little model. Great value and a lot of content. That makes it a good beginners  kit desu ne?
I'm starting to see a pattern.
Old Tamiya kits make ideal starter kits. Who  would have known.
 

I put this one on a base too...

I've built it again and the article will be arriving soon.

Continuing the SAS theme we have the Tamiya 1/35 Pink panther Chevrolet. 



Another  great beginners kit. Loaded with spares too.

Last  one.
I like these little kits because the give you a bit of everything,
Figures, vehicles, modeling, painting, perfect.               




And we are about up to date. 
This little journey was more record keeping for me than anything.
It's nice to keep a record to look back on.
More full builds soon.


Comments