Looking inside the box. Tamiya 1/48 Cromwell MkIV. Many, many green paints required.

 I'm building a Cromwell... A Tamiya 1/48 Cromwell Mk IV. to be exact. Lovely. Let’s have a look at the box.

Just off to the shop for some green paint...


Really nice image on the box. It's a very 'tank' looking tank. I like the cromwell design. I think the turret reminds me of the Churchill which I also like.
Well, I thought it was funny...
The end panels show the information you need to make your choice. You  can see the product code if you want one yourself. A repeat of the box artwork showing a tank in green.
I love these 1/48 kits. They are excellent value. (And a good size if your house is a bit titchy.)
The side panel showing the die cast hull and a completed model in... green...

The second long side panel shows a colour scheme option in... green...

The grey low viz camo on the bottom is effective. I've not seen a model  finished in that scheme yet.
Churchill in his Tank commander phase...     

                                                     …You would think he would have commanded an... er... Churchill...

Snip snip.
I love this bit. Opening the box for the first time, not knowing what we are going to find inside. Surprisingly, we have a tank model in this one. 
 
Nice full box as always...

There's always a goodly amount of plastic in a kit like this.
Instructions and tips sheet.

Turret sprue.

Hull sprue...

Wheels and tracks.


Die cast hull. It gives everything a good weight feel. I do like the weight addition.

Oops. Slept through the alarm again.

Nudity warning...
Naked die cast hull...


Naked turret... We'll keep the rubber parts under wraps, we are not animals after all...


Naked hull...

Naked wheels  tracks...and string for the tow rope...


 

A quick rest before we begin putting plastic together...

Insert you own caption here and let's get on with the building...


Comments