Something to tow my 75mm AT gun. The Horch 4 X 4 Type 1a. Building my model.

  Einheits-PKW der Wehrmacht. Horch 4 X 4 Type 1a.

Einheits-PKW der Wehrmacht, literally: "standard passenger motor-car of the Wehrmacht" was the Nazi German plan for a new, multi-purpose fleet of all wheel drive off-road vehicles, based on just three uniform chassis, specifically designed and built for the Wehrmacht (the Nazi military). The plan was formulated in 1934, and vehicles were built from 1936 to 1943. 

Bit like a german Model T...

A quick undercoat of grey and we'll start on the subframe. 



Constructing the subframe,

It's a lovely little kit isn't it...



Adding a little shading...


It will need wheels I think...
Scraping the seams with a knife and sanding with emery cloth. I'll leave it rough...


Constructing the suspension...



Putting the body together...

It's an opld kit but no filler needed here...


Building the shading with black, different shades of brown and white.





Adding the finishing touches.


A few extra accessories and a base I think.

Perfect for towing my 75mm AT gun. (It was abit of a squeeze though.)

Looks ok I think... 

Missing a little something or two...

Building a fence

A cover over the barrel...
...And I am done...

A final look at the model.


And weare all done...










Comments