Hasegawa 1/72 Vaught F4-U Corsair. Base and finish

 

Previously on...
We had just ... Did I say we? I had just put the decals on and the propeller was laying on the cutting mat. Oh the drama.


We got a man in to do the propeller.

He did a great job.

The base. 

I know, it's not Tracy Island but we all have to start somewhere.
An ornamental serving tray from the local DAISO 100yen shop. (Pound/Dollar shop to you foreigners not in Japan.) It cost me 110 yen. Who would have guessed. (The 10 yen is tax). Old Bengi Franks was right.

Glue some thick card cut out to match the shape of the tray.



Cut separating lines, 
    


Paint patchily with different diluted grey and brown mixes. 


Add a little grass coming through the cracks and we are done. Now where did I put that plane?

  Ta da.....





So, my first model back in the front lines. What did you think?

Comments