What's cooking? My Tamiya German field kitchen build.

 It's time to put my field kitchen in the... well, field.


There is something special about opening a new kit. It's a bit like buying new stationary...

A coat of grey paint... Everything I do is brush painted.
It looks a nice kit. You can always rely on Tamiya to give the average modeller like me a good value experience.


First up  is the kitchen part of the field kitchen

Rust or spilled stew? A few streaks of darker grey to give a sense of age. A little brown paint gives the sense of a dirty old cooker that has seen a lot of lunchtime life. 


I actually think that it looks quite good on this occasion.

Fitting the chimney.



Two wheels on my wagon.... Fitting the 'undercarriage'.


It really is a smart little model. I'm enjoying this immensely. As usual you will see that I use the instructions as a guide. Quite often I deviate from the written instructions to make painting easier. 

Fitting the remaining details.


That's a nice piece of plastic.

Now we can look at the pilot's seat'.

It's a simple box-like construction.

The quality continues.

It'll need some wheels

I'm liking the look of  this as it comes together.
Two wheels on my wagon...


Putting it all together.

Well, I am perfectly satisfied with what I have got from this model so far.
Next up, some people to bring it all to life and a base to display it all on.

Comments