Tamiya M16 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage, also known as the M16 half-track. What did I get in this box of delights?

 Another blast from the past.

Thinking back forty years or so, I remember myself and a small group of friends sitting around a table making models.
One of my friends bought one of these and when I first saw it I immediately fell in love with it.
Obviously when I saw this in the shop I had to have it.
Does the memory stand up to the reality? 

The picture looks good. Lots of stuff going on here. It's the usual Tamiya fare...
The M16 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage, also known as the M16 half-track, was an American self-propelled anti-aircraft weapon built during World War II. It was equipped with four .50 caliber (12.7 mm) M2 Browning machine guns in an M45 Quadmount. 2700 were produced by White Motor Company from May 1943 to March 1944, with 568 M13 MGMCs and 109 T10 half-tracks being converted into M16s as well.

An image on the side and a ton  of  Japanese...Knock yourself out folks.

I've made two of these... A long time ago though.

The usual purchasing information on the side...
About 14$, 13 Euros or 11 pounds. That has to be great value.

Snipping the bands...

Tamiya kits always fill the box.

So, what do you get for your money? To be fair, it's not a lot of money...
Plastic. Lots of plastic.

Instructions for putting the plastic together.

As always, there are instructions in both English and Japanese.

Decals, or transfers if you are from my part of the world.


I don't know about you but that looks just what I want from a kit like this.

Now, the controversial part.
Rubber band tracks.
For me, they are what they are and will certainly not detract the the quality of model that I am going to build.

That's enough of that. Time to build a M16 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage, also known as the M16 half-track

Comments