Tamiya German field kitchen. Adding the people and the environment.

 

 Welcome back. It's time to put my field kitchen in the... well, field.  So far, it's been a most enjoyable build but now we need a base.

The story so far...


Let's meet the cast...



The figures go together nicely but as always with the older Tamiya figures there is  a bit of cleaning up to do.




Looking quite smart. I'm quite satisfied with the result. 


We'll start with a base of grey for the uniforms.

Next, a darker wash for contrast and white for the aprons.

The flesh is built up using a dark yellow, followed by dry brushing lighter tones while the paint dries to get a graded finish.

Here we have the guys looking around for a place to stay.

I'm going to use a display from the local budget shop. 100 yen well spent.

I found this synthetic brick effect
The 'bricks' are about the same size as the base I'm using and the texture effect looks quite interesting..

The backing is a bit thick so...

I'll pull it of.

Now it sits better on the base.

Some browns of different shades to create some depth.

I've used green tea leaves to add a little vegetation. 

Populating the base.

On this occasion I used the box art to give me a title.

Some hemp string clipped and added with PVA glue adds a long grass effect.
And we are done... 
I'm ready for my close-up Mr Demille.

I found some synthetic moss and I added a little, so.... a few more shots.

Well, that went well. What do you think. I think this has been a great value model. A nice change in pace and the final result? I think it's a goodie.






Comments